I've been meme'd by both Tinakala and Kristi, so here goes:
The first one from Tinakala is easy, it's a book meme and it asks that you take the book you are reading now, open it up to page 123 and write the whole sentence that starts or continues on the fifth line. Also name the book and author.
Currently, I'm reading Sybil by Flora Rheta Shreiber. I've seen the movie (Sally Field plays Sybil. One word for her performance: BRILLIANT! Gotta see that movie) but I don't think I've ever gotten through the book completely.
So here's the fifth sentence of page 123:
"She cares about us." Mary, a maternal old lady type, plump, thoughtful and contemplative, repeated with a slight smile, as if it were a question; "She cares about us?"
Wait. I think I messed up because "She cares about us." was a sentence. never mind...I suck at this. And as usual, I tag everyone on that meme.
My next meme is from Kristi:
What were you doing 10 years ago? 10 years ago, I was interning at a modeling agency in La Jolla all the way from my college Long Beach (2 hour drive) just so I could see viking hubby after my internship was over. At this time he couldn't resist the charms of the midget and had already hinted that he was going to ask me to marry him. I was hemming and hawing at the thought because we had only been seeing each other for a year and I was still knee deep in my research of why a viking would love a midget.
10 years later, I'm still knee deep into that research.
What are 5 things on your to do list? 1. Travel travel travel, anywhere, anywhere, anywhere, at least once every year....even better if it requires us to get on a plane and land someplace where they speak a different language. Oh and it would be nice if it wasn't a war torn country or have terrorists lurking in bushes awaiting our arrival. I know, I'm so picky.
2. Build a houseboat. Seriously. We live near the Oceanside Harbor and walk there all the time. Every time we go there I enviously drool over this little thing:
How fucking cool is that?? So I asked around about that thing and turns out there is a company that sells the plans for that house boat and there are TWO more in the harbor. One of which was a two bedroom. You can build it as big as your slip allows. There is a 3 to 5 year waiting list to get a slip at the harbor, so I put our names in already. This is where we're living next, it's been decided.
3. Meet the Queen. (of course.) Don't ask me how...but I will.
4. Get back down to 105 and stay put.
5. Mastering Madonna songs on my accordion so that I can make millions as Polkadonna..or at least play at a few weddings and gay bars.
There's probably more important things I could put on that list, but I'm only on my first cup of coffee, so gimme a break here.
What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. CIRCUS PEANUTS. don't give me the stink eye. they're AWESOME.
2. Toblerone chocolate bars.....mmmmmm. (Although I had to google the spelling..I'm way too busy chowing it down to actually look at the wrapper)
3. Cinnabons....heart attack on a plate covered with sugar goo! Where's my bib???
4. Chili Cheese Fries - with some hot sauce. I'm still wondering why I'm not 500 pounds. this is horrible.
5. Its a toss up between fried ravioli and calamari...so I'll have both. Thank you.
Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
*YES, I'm a sap - we would be the people that would donate for everything, volunteer to build things, and have foster care for abused pit bulls. Viking hubby and I would be the Big Lot's version of Brangelina.
* I would give my mom and dad a tricked out RV, which would be theirs of course. Then I would give them a map which would take them on a nice road trip which would finally end at their brand new house that I would have just bought them. Because I love my mommy and daddy and they deserve it.
* I would seriously take half a year off and travel with the family...and a few friends in tow. Spin the globe
Name some places where you've lived.
Philippines, Kansas, Missouri, California.
Name some bad habits that you have.
Um, this internet thing really is a time waster, I snack way too much - total sugar hound, I don't drink enough water, I am a total yo yo exerciser (I only exercise when I gots to go somewhere and I don't want my muffin top to go along with me), I get sucked in by infomercials, I can burp the alphabet really loud (which can be a good habit, depending on the company you keep), I'm quite the daydreamer, and I have a hard time asking for help, especially if its something I can't reach. I will risk climbing the shelves at a grocery store and possibly toppling it over to get to that diet Dr. Pepper that's on sale rather than ask for help. (Which is why viking hubby always goes grocery shopping with me..)
Name those whom you are tagging.