Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Eat My Peeps Head First.

I'm going to go ahead and do the obvious for this week's Focus52 word: YELLOW which, to me, equals SPRING, which then equals, of course, the reemergence of Peeps into our lives!

Seasonal candy is awesome in every which way. Not only does it remind you of the upcoming celebration to be had but rewards you with sweets that you haven't seen in a year. It's like meeting up with an old friend, giving them a hug and biting their chewy, sugary yellow head right off. Well, at least that's what it feels like when I see my old friend, Peeps.

The simplest of candies; a marshmallow shaped like a chick (or a bunny), covered in colored sugar (yellow is best) is irresistible as it stares at you lovingly from the candy aisle, begging you to pick up a pack or two and eat them. They satisfy a rare feeling that no one really acts on (hopefully), the feeling of seeing something 'so cute you wanna eat em.' It's a feeling you get for babies and puppies that can't be expressed literally unless you want to go to the jail or the psych ward.

However, with a Peep, quite possibly one of the cutest candies that was ever made (second only the comically shaped, alarmingly orange, Circus Peanut) - no one would look twice if one minute you were smiling sweetly at a Peep, overwhelmed by its adorableness, and the next minute you've decapitated said Peep, munching on its delicious head. They would do it themselves if they were lucky enough to have a pack. Because what else can you do with a Peep but eat it right up?

Well, thanks to the magic of the internet, I found that you can do a lot with a Peep!

PEEP PIE!


SUSHI PEEPS (wrapped in rice krispie treat and fruit roll-ups. Brilliant!)

PEEP SUNFLOWER CAKE!

PEEP KABOBS!


PEEP FONDUE!

Unfortunately, this year, I will have to limit myself to just two Peeps. Yes, I know the other three Peeps in the package will be left feeling abandoned but unfortunately, I have to turn my back on them. I've eaten too many of their family members for the last few years and I can probably credit half of my wobbly ass cheek to the over consumption of Peeps. But please, I beg of you, please eat extra Peeps for me this year. After all, a Peep's goal in life is to be eaten and enjoyed, not to be left stranded in a half empty box. I hate to think what becomes of left over Peeps after Easter......


4 comments:

Erica said...

Peep pie looks pretty good but I have to vote for Cadbury Eggs over Peeps. Especially since they have the mini ones now. Mmmm.

Jan said...

Okay, first off, I WANT that sunflower cake.
Second, it took me a minute to figure out the last shot, but when I did, I burst out laughing. ROFL!!!! where did you find that? too funny :)

Blues said...

dammit. This is exactly the kind of thing I forgot I was missing and you just reminded me.

Peep pole dancing, hu? Now that's dirty

LadyHAHA said...

Ugh sorry Blues. you want I send you a pack or two?? :D