I was tagged by Christine with a meme and therefore I must perform! I know, I know...you're all like, sitting on the edge of your seats right?
I shall torture you no more...here we go.
SIX QUIRKY THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I'm totally crushing on Steve Carell from The Office (and 40 Year Old Virgin..to name a few). Not only is he hilarious but he just has this cute puppy dog thing about him. I don't know what it is but I'm smitten. I don't know if that' s a 'quirky' thing about me, but he's 'quirky' so it kind of counts right???
2. I have to mentally tell myself not to go into Hot Topic every time I go to the mall. This used to be one of my favorite stores when I was in h.s/college. I loved their shirts but thankfully there's a very mature person in my head (who clearly doesn't make too many appearances) who reminds me that wearing a shirt with a pink sarcastic bunny saying "You Stink" is no longer okay for me to wear. It's kind of a sad reminder that I'm a grown up as I walk past Hot Topic and head to the more "adult" clothing stores that have crap like "pleats" and "blouses" with not one cartoon character to be seen. (Although I'm thrilled about my recent finds at the store - underwear that look kind of like old skool underoos - if I find one with Pound Puppies on it, I'm stocking up.)
3. My down time is usually right after I put the munchkin to bed but I CANNOT for the life of me, sit down and relax until the living room is clutter free. If there's a toy, a random glass on the coffee table a piece of string on the carpet, my attention will be focused on that one thing until I get up and throw or put it away. The same goes for the kitchen. If the kitchen and the living room isn't sans clutter, then I'm a bundle of nerves.
5. I would rather go somewhere than get something. In other words, I put a higher value on experiences than I do things. For example, if I were given a choice of going to Iceland or getting a fully loaded luxury car with all the bells and whistles. I would pick a trip to Iceland without a moment's thought.
6. I love meeting new people and talking to random strangers. (I know - shocking). I'm totally okay about going to a party and not knowing the majority of the people there (I have to at least know the host/hostess or the friend of the host/hostess because otherwise that's just being the big loser that crashes a party.). I am just generally fascinated by people, in fact, the more different you are from me, the more I want to talk to you and see what you're all about. Bonus if you speak a different language, then I am seriously the person who's busting out my English to (whatever language you be talkin') and try to crack jokes in your native tongue. This is why I can't fathom being from a place where my husband comes from. (Missouri) where most of the people I meet there have never even been out of the state and everyone knows everyone..which is kind of endearing and cool - but at some point I would die of boredom.
1. Link to the person who tagged you: Yo Christine!
.....and the rest of the rules I'm ignoring because I like to do a free for all tag. If I tag particular bloggers, other bloggers get jealous, fight for my attention and a riot ensues. So you want to get tagged, you just got tagged.